Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson RIP

I don't consider myself to be a MJ fanatic but I did love a lot of his songs.
Yesterday, after I was called by a co-worker; after the shock wore off; and his death had been confirmed by CNN news, I called my mother and left a message on her cell phone.
I couldn't believe it. I'm still having difficulty believing it now. There are so many of my life events that can be tied to a MJ song.

My cousin, especially, I know that she is mourning his death too. When we were children, she and my youngest sister watched, sang, and performed to his movie Moonwalker. I kid you not it was a daily event for the duration of a summer vacation in Arizona.

I went to Youtube, before blogging and I finally looked up the music video "Say Say Say" that MJ did with Paul McCartney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWvBXS2t4A
This song has been stuck in my head for nearly a week now but every time I got to a computer I would forget to look it up. Watching this video takes me back to my early childhood in the 80s when he was at the top of his career and fame.
Regardless of all of the negative press and attention that he had received particularly over the past 16 years there is no denying that Michael Jackson was a musical genius and that he will always be loved and will always live through his music. May he finally rest in peace.

No comments: