Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On my mind

I was just watching a video by a group called Electric Six; their "Down at McDonnelzz" song/video cracks me up every time I watch it but I also like the music to this and a lot of their other songs. When I see creative people who are successful I feel so damn envious yet motivated at the same time. Where the hell are my skills?

Okay, its now 3:48pm and when I started this blog it was closer to 3pm. I got a call from my mother and our conversation has totally changed my train of thought. Anyways, there is a song that has been stuck in my head since I first heard it over an intercom at a Super 99 cent store last year; and it evokes bitter sweet emotions because A) I was at the store shopping with my mother and B) I truly like it because the melody seems so nostalgically simple; is a song titled "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and John. Apparently this song has been available since 2006 but I just learned about it in 2008 and was able to finally find the name last week thanks to the MTV-U channel on cable. This song has inspired me to open a free account with a website radio station at www.Pandora.com that plays music which is similar to songs/artist that the user lists. So, I'm enjoying songs that I already enojoy but I'm also being introduced to new ones as well.
So, since I've lost the initicial mood and reason for blogging in the first place, I'm done for today.

No comments: