Monday, November 17, 2008

Lover of Anime not manga

Okay, its official I like the Ouran High School Host Club anime series. I was actually watching episode 13 when I decided to write this. Episode 13 is inspired by an Alice in wonderland theme. Though I did try reading the book by Lewis Carroll in high school (it is so much different than my beloved Disney movie version) all I really remember is the kitchen scene with the Duchess and the cook and the cloud of black pepper. I actually stopped reading the book at that point because it was much too different than the movie. Silly girl, I didn't realize back then that the book was first.
Anyways, I know that I said that I would try viewing Gender Blue after viewing the last animated episode of Fruits Basket but I couldn't get in to it or in to Speed Grapher. I totally would have enjoyed Speed Grapher too if I had watched it directly after my taste of Hellsing or even after my introduction to the Vampire Knight anime series but I saw Fruits Basket instead. I can't believe that I initially did not want to watch it but by the fifth episode I was hooked and then by the time I got to the final episode #26 I didn't want it to end. It was, in my opinion getting even better at episode 26 when Tohru goes to the Soma household to ask Akito if she could continue living in the other house with Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo. All of this directly after she saw Kyo in his true form; up until that point I thought that the black and white beads that he wore on his left wrist were just an accessory. I was so bummed out when I realized that it is the final animated episode. The series continues in comic book strip/manga but it is very different from the animated version.
So, now I'm watching the Ouran High School Host Club and it is cracking me up it is so funny. The characters are all so overly dramatic, silly and there is plenty of cross dressing too. I've noticed that I seem to be attracted to anime that has rich people, a single gal surrounded by multiple guys (excluding Hellsing which has my favorite maniac Alucard around two females), and some sort of secret. Gee I wonder what my viewing interest say about me? What is it that I truly desire? Money/wealth is a definite given but what else is there?

No comments: